![]() |
|
#16
|
|||
|
|||
|
If every vacuum tube that exists on the planet lost their vacuum at the exact same time, all at once, the atmosphere wave pulse would wipe everyone out, every basement wall in the world would be obliterated, and houses every where would collapse.
Every person who has gas, would spontaniously combust, causing them to blow their guts all over the place. |
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
I think that Chromacolor tubes from the 70s will still be good a billion years from now.
__________________
From Captain Video, 1/4/2007 "It seems that Italian people are very prone to preserve antique stuff." |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
My TV page and YouTube channel Kyocera R-661, Yamaha RX-V2200 National Panasonic SA-5800 Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20 Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201 Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console McIntosh MC2205, C26 |
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
They're not that good, but they would be the last ones to go.
|
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
I had a '60 Zenith bw console that I found on the curb; didn't secure it well in the truck and it tipped over hard. Worked perfect when I got it home. Used to keep it in the shed. One cold, cold morning I went out and the crt had cracked horizontally across the middle of the face. My guess is the combination of that hard fall and then the temperature extreme caused it to fail. It didn't implode, though. Out of all the crts I have broken, the only ones I recall violently imploding (so that there was practically nothing left but dust) were tension band tubes installed in sets that I torched. When the heat starts to darken the phosphors, look out!
__________________
Bryan |
| Audiokarma |
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Has anyone ever attempted to break a CRT while completely immersed under
water (the CRT, not the experimenter!)? Must be quite interesting. My attempts in this field have been limited to breaking the tip of a miniature tube with long-nose pliers: it sucks water like crazy, but does not shatter. |
|
#22
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Seriously, I would think it would still implode; just with more force since the water pressure is much greater against the vacuum than air. Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10 |
![]() |
|
|