![]() |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
I Yam what I yam, & that's ALL what I yam...Popeye, somewhere around 1940
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
This circa mid 1960's Bugs Bunny cartoon with dear little old Granny (you remember her as Tweety Bird's owner). This was the era that Warner Brothers changed up their animated drawing of background cartoon scenery that was not nearly as precise and accurately drawn as the previous generation of Looney Toons animation. It's kind of hard to explain but those of you who remember the background change will surely understand what I am talking about. It probably was cheaper to draw it this way for quicker Toon production. Personally, I liked the older method of drawing much better. All the Toon characters stayed the same between Warner Brother "eras".
Cartoon setting: London, England during the Victorian era (circa 1880's). Granny is working as a job interviewer (or the like) in an employment agency. This is during the time that the real Jack the Ripper was alive and well traipsing about the Whitechapel area of London butchering prostitutes. So, in the cartoon, the blood-thirsty killer is not known as Jack the Ripper, but "The Shropshire Slasher". This guy was a huge oaf with a five o'clock shadow beard and an IQ of about 75. Evidently the Slasher is down on his luck and drops by Granny's work place to interview for a job. Slasher nervously twists his hat tightly in his hands while trying to answer Granny's questions with a modicum of poise. Granny: Name? Guy: Shropshire Slasher Granny: Occupation? Guy: Shropshire Slasher
__________________
SAE2922 SAE Akai Pioneer Rega JBL |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
Help me Mr wizard.. Timmy the tortoise????
---------------------- Felix the cat the wonderful,wonderful cat You'll laugh so hard your sides will ache your heart will go pitter pat when your watching Felix the cat --------------------------- Exit stage left.....snagglepuss ---------------------------
__________________
RET USAF 1978-1998 |
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
Tom |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!"..............then proceeds to pull a lion out!..........."I gotta get a new hat"
__________________
Thorens TD 150, Rega 250, Shure V15 IV, JICO SAS, Marantz 2285B, Vandersteen Model 4's, Adcom GFA 555 x 2 |
| Audiokarma |
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Dreezle, Drazzle, Droozzle, Drone, Time for this one to go home!
|
|
#22
|
|||
|
|||
|
"I'm bringing home a ba-by bub-ble bee"
Loved that cartoon. |
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
"When ah say 'whoa', Ah mean. . . . . WHOA!"
"I'll do the thinnin' around here, Baba-Louie!" "I am ze locksmith of love, no? "She would be eating if we were having 'Tony' loaf." "Open up this door!!. . . D'ja notice I didn't say 'Richard'?" "Shuddup shuttin' up already!" "I swear, if I hadn't promised Mother on her deathbed that I wouldn't kill you, I would kill you!" "But, Henry. . . it's Father's Day!" "You. . . Are. . . A. . . . TOY!!! " "Ohhhhhhhhhhh....Froggie went a courtin' and he did ride it, C -C -Cr-Cranbo!" Just a few of my favorites. ![]() . . Falcon
__________________
. . . but, what do I know? |
|
#24
|
||||
|
||||
|
Welcome to my shop, Let me cut you mop, Let me shave your crop
Daintily . . .Daintily! -Bugs Bunny |
|
#25
|
||||
|
||||
|
Is you is, or is you ain't, my baby! - Tom from Tom & Jerry
Scott
__________________
Music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry.
Music without the idea is simply music. Without music or an intriguing idea, color becomes pallor, man becomes carcass, home becomes catacomb. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Said as Daffy replaces his bill to his face after it has been blown away by some explosion usually involving a shotgun blast or dynamite. ![]() Quote:
That huge low-IQ doofus of a baby buzzard/vulture flapping along slowly while singing that song still rings in my head. I remember that episode where the mother buzzard/vulture kicks the baby doofus out of the nest and he goes on his great safari hunt for the elusive ba-by bum-ble bee? Priceless ![]() Wasn't the second line in the song something like "My mom-ma's gon-na be so proud of me".
__________________
SAE2922 SAE Akai Pioneer Rega JBL |
|
#27
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yosemite Sam was a favorite. "The gol-durnest, rootin' tootinest so-and-so that ever strapped on a six-gun (or "shivered me timbers" or "dug a pan o'gold", etc.)".
I remember that Sam would be repeatedly screaming "WHOA!" while he was astraddle a runaway horse. When he tired of the horse ignoring his command to stop, he would club the horse with an anvil or some heavy object to knock out the animal. After the dust settled following the strike to the horse's head, Sam would utter exactly what FalconEddy posted above. ![]()
__________________
SAE2922 SAE Akai Pioneer Rega JBL Last edited by SAE2922; 07-26-2008 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Spacing |
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
Tweety speaking to Sylvester's back-side sticking out of a wall (with his head out the other side): "Silly me, THAT'S not the talking end!"
"Hello again, Peabody here with my pet-boy Sherman...say hello Sherman...HELLO!"
__________________
Yamaha, Manley, ADS, McIntosh, Rega, B&O & Victor Talking Machine "...As worrying is interest paid on trouble, long before it's due..." - Steve Hackett - "Serpentine Song"
|
|
#29
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Shad-up Rabbit" - Mugsy talking to Bugs Bunny
Scott
__________________
Music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry.
Music without the idea is simply music. Without music or an intriguing idea, color becomes pallor, man becomes carcass, home becomes catacomb. |
|
#30
|
||||
|
||||
|
1942 and a deadpan Bug Bunny, after battling the nasty airplane gremlin and saving the Air Corps' newest bomber from crashing into the ground at 10,000 miles an hour, sez:
"air brakes." That gremlin was the only character that ever got the best of Bugs. And Mel Blanc was an artist of the first rank!
__________________
The older I get the more I like my T90 |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|