Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 07-26-2007, 11:10 PM
jlindsey86's Avatar
jlindsey86 jlindsey86 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
waynes world 2 > waynes world
__________________
Main System: Pioneer SA-9100, Pioneer TX-9100, Pioneer Elite PD-59, Pioneer Elite CLD-79, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai, JBL Decade L36's
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Chalk View Post
The Road Warrior (sequel to Mad Max) -- Mad Max was low budget fun, the Road Warrior was the movie they meant to make.

It is hard for me not to like Mad Max best as I saw it on release in '79 with the awful vocal overdub. Then I went again the next night and once more the following night. Even managed to talk the night manager out of the lobby poster for it! The film didn't leave so much of a mark as it did a dent.

It is indeed low budget but it is sheer genius how much Miller got out of what he had to work with. Money for sets, props, and so on are fine but being able to extract something great without them is a joy to watch. Mad Max is black & white morality, good vs. evil done in pure comic book fashion. The sets are stark, as is the dialogue. Everything happens within the context of a speech bubble. But not the car scenes. That is where the money was spent and you can feel it. I still think it has one of the best opening 10 minutes of any car film made.


I am the Nightrider! I'm a fuel-injected suicide machine. I am a rocker! I am a roller! I am an out-of-controller!

I am the Nightrider, baby!





Other than that I have no strong feelings about this film.

__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-27-2007, 08:21 PM
Toasted Almond Toasted Almond is offline
Ballbreaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Exit 5 on the Jersey Turnpike
Posts: 78
Aliens is but a pimple on the ass of the original. The first was edge of your seat all the way. The second resorted to catchy quips, big explosions, lots of gunfire, and all the other things that make a mediocre movie.

The first also had Sigourney in skivvies.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-28-2007, 01:56 AM
jonman jonman is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 67
The sequel to Rob Zombie's movie "10,000 Corpses" was surpassed by the sequel,"Devils Rejects". Rejects was spookier, and somehow had me feeling sorry for the mass murderers at the end of the movie. I still don't know how.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.