Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-03-2003, 12:02 AM
rca2000's Avatar
rca2000 rca2000 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: cincinnati,ohio
Posts: 2,090
It was ALMOST mine... ( my e-bay name is still dreamboy 6l6)

I had the high bid on that set, for three days, right up till 2 minuites to the end of the auction, and at that time ,i was driving home from work, and had no way of knowing i had lost it, 'till i got home.

At least, it is in good hands. Probably better hands than mine, as now it will be there for ALL to see, and not in my basement, where I was planning to put it. Steve will also have more time, knowledge, and money, to bring it back to its former glory, than I would have, SO, all in all, I am not really THAT disappointed.

At least, it won't be far away from me( under 2 hours to columbus), so, i can see it , hopefully working ,sometime.

Congratulations, Steve!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-03-2003, 11:36 AM
Steve D.'s Avatar
Steve D. Steve D. is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hollywood Hills, Ca.
Posts: 1,792
Good show

Jack,
You show a lot of grace and class. I agree with your sentiments that with the Admiral in Steve's ETF Museum, many folks will now be able to view and enjoy it.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-03-2003, 04:47 PM
captainmoody's Avatar
captainmoody captainmoody is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Roseville, MI
Posts: 1,052
I agree. You know,The second high bidder rebsar is someone that I know, And if he got it all it would have done is sit in his basement untouched and unseen until he passes away!
He even admits to this, And figures his kids will just throw the stuff out when he is gone!!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-03-2003, 06:28 PM
Steve McVoy's Avatar
Steve McVoy Steve McVoy is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 1,613
I appreciate everyone's attitude. I hope to restore this set and put it on display. Don't forget the 2004 Convention - April 24 and 25 in Columbus. We will have the CBS field sequential color system on display, with our Gray Research monitor and at least one CBS receiver. We hope to have a camera working by then.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:54 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.