Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #34  
Old 12-25-2006, 01:21 PM
roundscreen roundscreen is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: buffalo ny
Posts: 377
Took some voltage readings and this is what I found.
The tv chassis is a admiral 24d1 with one 5u4 on top of the power transformer.
With the variac set to 35 vac the power supply voltage was 6.36 vdc
Variac set to 50 vac the power supply voltage was 41.22 vdc.
Variac set to 100 vac the power supply voltage was 289. vdc
All of the electrolytics and paper caps have been replaced in this chassis.
What I have been finding is the sets I did leave the old working electrolytics in, Go bad when I fire up the set after sitting idle. Elcheapo {me} was trying to save money by not replacing the caps the first time around.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.