![]() |
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Casino Royale
While I thought the decision of dumping Pierce Brosnan for Daniel Craig was really bad, I’m now curious on how Casino Royale turned out. Who’s planning to see it in a theater? Will Daniel be the next Connery or the next Dalton?
__________________
Main System: Denon AVR-4802 Parasound Halo A51 Yamaha YP-D6 w/ Grado Gold Cartridge Sony SCD-C555ES Paradigm Studio 60v2 (mains), 20v2 (surrounds), Studio CCv2 (center), PW2200 (sub) |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I liked Craig in "Layer Cake". We'll see if he can pull the Bond franchise's agates out.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have to, the bad guy is almost local
__________________
Watson CD7501 :-) Main: Yamaha PX-3; PF-1000; Thorens TD-166MKII; T-85; CDX-993; C-2x; M-85; TDL RTL3II Computer: Yamaha; TX-900; CDX-870; CX-1000; A100; White Van Speakers and SoundBlaster Live |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Definitely sneaking away to see it at some point this holiday season. There aren't too many bad Bonds, though some are far better than others, my favorites are still Dr No and Thunderball...
"Ejector seat? You must be joking!" |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Definetly gonig to see it. And, yes, Craig was really good in Layer Cake.
__________________
tonif ![]() The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is lunch. Michael Friedman |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Early word (during filming) had it that Craig fell far short... But most of those very same critics seem to be happily eating crow now that they've actually seen the film. Words like gritty, real, and authentic, seem to be in heavy usage. I'm really looking forward to it.
__________________
Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints... |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
I will be there tonight. Probably my fav Bond book, so I can't wait to see how they handle the movie.
__________________
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
IIRC, "Casino Royale" was one of the original Pink Panthers, early '60s or so. Wasn't David Niven in it, along w/Sellers?
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
Man this looks good to me. I love the early Bond movies, but they lost me along the way. This look like, as it's billed to be, a return to form. Long overdue in my opinion.
__________________
The jet pilots wailed |
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
Saw it tonight. Excellent movie. There was double crossing, espionage, a pretty well developed love story, and of course action. It had a lot more content than the blow-'em-up action of the last few Bond flicks with Brosnan.
Like mentioned above, Bond got gritty. I recommend it! |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just saw it. Yep. it's good. I'd see it more than once, no problemo!
Also saw Babel last week because some idiot reviewer gave it 4 stars, ugh. Waste of money. Go see Casino Royale instead. And have a Royale w/cheese. |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
FWIW, they absolutely LOVE it over at IMDB.
It's set as basically the first Bond adventure, where he's raw and unrefined and is earning his double 0 rank. Much more to do with character and story, and less with gadgetry, scenery, and cute double entendres Yep, I gotta go.
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
I happened to be in London during (though sadly, not at) the premiere. Even the Queen attended!
The reviews in the UK papers that I read were uniformly positive. Can't wait to see it. For those of you who have seen it: Is it appropriate for an 8 year old? (I can't take my older two to it and leave the little guy at home...) |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well I got to see the movie last night. A very entertaining film. While I liked Craig in Layer Cake I wasn't sure how he would handle a bond film. The movie is a fresh new direction for the Bond franchise. Here is a Bond film where Bond makes lots of mistakes but with determination overcomes inexperience. The only downside to all of this is what happens next. Goldeneye was a fresh start as well.
__________________
Main System: Denon AVR-4802 Parasound Halo A51 Yamaha YP-D6 w/ Grado Gold Cartridge Sony SCD-C555ES Paradigm Studio 60v2 (mains), 20v2 (surrounds), Studio CCv2 (center), PW2200 (sub) |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|