Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Travis Travis is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 27
I think I'll watch this one!

At least I won't have to ship the darn thing.

Travis
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
If you contact the seller, I would advise him to NOT mess any more with replacing fuses and powering it up -- especially just to get a photo of a lighted dial. Nothing good can happen while it's still in their unpracticed hands.

Just my $0.02.

Phil Nelson
Phil's Old Radios
http://antiqueradio.org/index.html
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2006, 06:14 PM
radio63's Avatar
radio63 radio63 is offline
Still Y2K Compliant!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 270
Quote:
If you contact the seller, I would advise him to NOT mess any more with replacing fuses and powering it up -- especially just to get a photo of a lighted dial. Nothing good can happen while it's still in their unpracticed hands.
I already contacted them about that. Much to their credit they posted my comments in the listing. Undoubtedly they would have burned something up in that set had they kept putting fuses in it and powering it up. It's sad how many people on Ebay keep powering up long-unused radios and TVs to see if they will do anything, hoping they will work so they can get more money for them. In the process a lot of damage is being done to the old sets.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.