Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 07-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Geoff Bourquin Geoff Bourquin is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northwest Washington State
Posts: 365
I remember SCTV very well. A lot of todays big names in comedy passed through that show. Loved "The Count" and his "Monster Chiller Horror Theater" in "3D".
Those TV sets hitting the ground were just so much junk when they did that show some 25 years ago. Now it kinda hurts to see it, as they're becoming so rare.
I used to watch that show on a 15" magnavox B&W set (1962 model I think). I salvaged it from a guys back yard when I was in high school. Was full of sticky stuff (Coke maybe.....I hope) so I took it apart and hosed it out with hot water in grandmas' back yard, let it dry in the sun for a few days and put it back together. Worked like a champ for several years. I had to be careful though....if I didn't have the non-polarized plug in the right way, I got a nasty tingle off of the metal case.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.