Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 07-20-2006, 11:57 PM
Tubejunke's Avatar
Tubejunke Tubejunke is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Martinsville, VA
Posts: 1,823
The guy says the thing weighs 100 lbs. I tend to differ. That is a DuMont. I dont know if they made anything 100lbs back in those years. That thing is in great shape. Even still has the rubber sheath on the bell of the metal cone crt. I had an RA-109A that I bought back in the early 80's (showing my age-37 I started this hobby young). At THAT time the thing had been in rough storage for probably 25 years and I gave her a straight shot of 110 and that darn thing tried its darndest to work. I had AM-FM-TV sound, and a raster. Just never had video. This set was severely neglected. Spent a day pulling rhodent nesting and crap out of a rusting chassis.

Whoever gets this set will have the coolest of cool and the best of the best. I would LOVE to have another. Especially if its only 100lbs.

( I bet the power transformer alone in my long lost 109 weighed 25 lbs.)
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.