Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 06-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Patrice
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Ian, you're right, they're probably not worth a lot of money. However this is the ultimate monitor for messing with knobs. If you look closely you can see that the panels were lockable. ;-] (And the keys were kept in the chief's office.) One of my earliest jobs was setting these monitors up to bars once a week (or more often as necessary). I also chipped the studio cameras every day (many times a day) with Conrac monitors. I can't remember if there is a bar generator in it or not. Don't have pictures of back yet, waiting for help turning it around. Rack mounted, so the backs and sides are not there. However, I think RCA tried to keep panel sizes standard. There might be some around that would "fit."

When I inherited these, several of our engineers, including the chief, stood around in the shop for days putting in tubes, setting it up just right for me. The tuner had been set on one station for so long that it had to be recalibrated to pick up everything else in town! I was so poor at that time and I couldn't afford any kind of tv set. My apartment was also very cold in the winter. The Conrac solved both of my problems! It radiates a lot of heat! And what a beautiful picture it had. I ran it through my stereo system for sound, even though none of us were broadcasting in stereo yet. So it had a nice sound as well.

I've contacted WZTV at CHUM in Toronto to see if they want it. I may never hear back from them however. I have only a few days to find a new home or they will be in the dumpster. If only I could hold the other half's mulitple motorcyles for hostage. ;-)
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.