Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 05-27-2006, 01:59 AM
dtuomi's Avatar
dtuomi dtuomi is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmine
I should also mention that my parents bought nearly the same set in 1975 as their first color TV. We had it for 9 years, and it was replaced by a 19" remote Sylvania Superset. The major (and only) complaint with the Zenith was that the colors would sometimes "shift"... Now I'm pretty sure that it was probably just dirty modules (a good whack always brought it back) but back then I cared little for Solid-State sets. When the colors weren't "shifting", the pic was still as good as anything new.
My family owned this set from about 1976 when our old RCA color set was stolen. About 1982 they got a new Sylvania set and I got the Zenith. It became my 19" Commodore 64 monitor. And it kept going until around 1994 when I was in college. It was only repaired once while I owned it. And your right, it did shift colors (really noticable on a computer display) and a good whack would shift them back. It wasn't as bad for broadcasts. We had cable here in Ventura County, but I didn't get that in my room. My house did have an ancient television antenna that I was able to get hooked up to the TV, and it is a really good performer. My fondest memory was watching the 1984 Olympic Games coming from L.A. on that set off that crumbling old antenna. The set was given away to the Retarded Children group (who my parents always donated to). They will fix stuff up and resale it. I'm sure my old TV is still working away somewhere. It was still running when it left. I just finally could afford a real monitor by then.

David
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.