Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 08-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Mike Drown
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
More photos forthcoming

I would like to thank everyone who has replied to my search for more info on this set. I really appreciate the enthusiasm and interest from everybody!

I was going through some photos the other day, and found this view of the Zenith that was taken soon after I bought it, about 10 years ago. Upon finding the photo, I thought I would share it with you, and hopefully find out more about it. The set has been in storage since I bought it. (don't worry, it's under plastic in a temperature-controlled, dry building!) Needless to say, I have acquired "a few" more tv's since then, which means the old Zenith is "a couple" of layers behind newer acquisitions.

Within the next week or so I will go to my storage place and clear a path to the Zenith and take some detailed pictures of it and post them on this thread.

I'm going from memory when I describe the set, but the cabinet is in very good condition, and all of the knobs seem to be present. There appears to originally have been two individual chassis in the set, but unfortunately, what I assume to be the power supply chassis, is not there. There also is no back-cover, however, given that it is a prototype, it may not have ever had one. The front doors of the cabinet have a beautiful etched pattern that has an art deco look to it. I also remember a traditional looking Zenith w/lightning bolt decal on the bottom-front.

Thanks again for all the help! If there are any questions, feel free to contact me, and check back in a week or two for more photos.

Mike
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.