Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #20  
Old 05-05-2006, 05:51 PM
wcarroll's Avatar
wcarroll wcarroll is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 75
Well, I went ahead and replaced the four capacitors in the vertical section as recommended by Don and others. Also checked the two resistors mentioned and they test within spec. Can't see that it made any difference. I may have to build the K5 couplate next... I suppose the rest of the main board caps should be changed first.

But, another problem has started which has been getting progressively worse. Periodically the set will lose all horizontal output momentarily.... The picture collapses and then immediately starts to come back. When this happens, I hear a "click" sound from the high-voltage cage, presumably from the flyback transformer. I've tried watching carefully when this happens, but can't see any arcing, just the the "click". Started out only happening once or twice in a troubleshooting session, but now it is about every 15-30 seconds.

Does this sound like a flyback problem?

Thanks for all of the suggestions so far, I really appreciate it!

Wes
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.