![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yes, you can paint it, that's what I had to do to this one: http://www.vintagetvsets.com/hotpoint.htm
I stripped it to bare metal because it had been painted with house paint and a brush, your set can probably be lightly sanded and de rusted with Metal Prep. You probably don't need to undercoat it as Sandy suggested unless you are going to use it in the bathtub LOLI had two with bad CRTs, I had one rebuilt inexpensively by someone who unfortunantly, no longer does them. I found a NOS tube for the other one. The following is from the ETF Site, don't know if he still has any or not but I bought a tube from him with no problems. I'm thinking yours is possibly a 17CDP4? For sale - TV cathode ray tubes. New unused in original mfg. cartons: 8YP4 - Raytheon 3 - 16DP4 - RCA 2 - 17CP4 - Sheldon 14EP4 - RCA 16LP4 - RCA 17TP4 - RCA 16AP4 - Sheldon 16YP4 - Sheldon 2 - 19DP4 - Sheldon Rebuilt unused in orgininal rebuilders cartons: 14WP4 - Raytheon 19AFP4 - Sheldon 21AVP4 - Vanguard 16KP4 - Sterling 19AFP4 - Sterling 23CSP4 - Vanguard 16LP4 - Sheldon 19AVP4 - Raytheon 2 - 21ESP4 - Starlight 16WP4 - VMC 19AVP4 - Vanguard 21FBP4 - Vanguard 17BP4 - Vanguard 2 - 19AYP4 - Vanguard 21FPP4 - Sterling 17BJP4 - Raytheon 19CDP4 - Sheldon 21MP4 - Vanguard 17CP4 - Vanguard 19CKP4 - Vanguard 21XP4 - Vanguard 17CDP4 - Sheldon 19VDZP4 - Zenith color 23EP4 - Vanguard 17DQP4 - Sterling 19YP4 - Sterling 23JP4 - Raytheon 17GP4 - VMC 19YP4 - Sheldon 24AP4 - Sheldon 17GP4 - Sterling 20CP4 - Sterling 24CP4 - VMC 17QP4 - Sterling 20CP4B - Century 24CP4 - Sterling 19AFP4 - Raytheon 21AVP4 - Sterling Price is a function of number and volume purchased. Bids accepted on entire new or rebuilt lots. I also have some early flyback transformers, power transformers, other coils, TV tubes (1500), early 300 to 75 antenna matching transformers & a warehouse full of parts. Contact Bob Castiglione 518-332-1514 after 9 pm EST or weekends. (3/26/05) Last edited by Eric H; 02-09-2006 at 10:02 PM. |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|