Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #22  
Old 06-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Rob Rob is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 776
Chuck,

If you were to sell it though I'd put an opening bid a little lower than that too accelerate the bidding.

The last Model 5, I knew of being sold just slipped out of my hands because the seller became confused. My telephone offer had been higher than that of the buyer, but the buyer showed up in person wasting no time with a big wad of bills and waved them in the seller's face. This is a good technique that often works! Three 15" RCA receivers described as CT-100's went on ebay about 3 years back from a retired RCA employee in New Jersey area. One turned out to be a Model 5. The 3 sets went for either $500 each or $1000 each in the lot as I recall. It wasn't any more than that. I've got it written down in my files along with the buyer's contact info. I remember speaking with the buyer. I recall learning that the Model 5 was making a raster for the buyer.

Under clear auction conditions with no behind the scene dealings and no economic depression I'd venture that a good condition Model 5 ought to easily command upwards of $10K.

Rob
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.