Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 01-15-2006, 11:08 AM
jstout66 jstout66 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ne
Posts: 1,484
I would have to agree about Zenith. That's why you see so many around. Those early Motorola "works in a drawer" (they came out in 68 and were still labeled as Motorola before switching to the Quasar badge a few years later) were VERY pricey. They were not cheap sets by any means. Your neighbor is lucky if the back has never been off and he's had no repairs, as that is NOT the norm for that set. (hell... ANY set for that matter) You won't find many around tho.... they were pricey to begin with, so there weren't alot in homes, and they were plagued with problems, and even pricier to repair. Most tv shops HATED them. I've seen a few with fantastic pictures, but again that is not the norm for ANY Motorola set. I had one that has just been shipped out to a fellow Aker. Had the most beautiful cabinet on any set I've owned, and it had a fantastic picture. However it broke after a few days use, and even with the help of a fellow Aker I was not able to get it going. (I have limited repair ability) Hope the Aker who it was sent to gets it going tho, and will post pix.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.