Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 10-22-2005, 11:18 PM
jroberts500 jroberts500 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Boca Raton, Florida
Posts: 122
Smile Great set!

I had that set in a beautiful lowboy home entertainment center. It had the same front control panel as yours but was a full function remote with motors on the volume, color, and tint controls. I was a small 14 year old boy and lifted one side of it and thought I had lifted something average men would have trouble with. I loved that set for it's looks and sound, etc. It was "The Sebastian" HH-872 according to a brochure I have. Is HH a '68? I think the version I had was a '67(HG?). I changed the CRT and got everything working perfectly and a nieghborhood lady friend of mine, Veda Ford(formerly Veda Callahan), kept it til '92. I came back to find it in '99 only to see the huge rectangle it left in her carpet. She gave it to the Salvation Army in Saint Petersburg, Florida. It could still be around. It was in a dark wood Spanish Mediterranian style cabinet. A masterpiece, according to my brochure. However, after seeing the brochure I wish I could find "The Falkenburg" HH-868 which is a Contemporary Danish-style lowboy. I like that look the best, with it's surfboard-shaped top having a slate-colored inlay and Nordic-inspired doors. As the brochure reads: "Nordic-inspired center doors vie for interest with the wood louvers that mask the speaker area". Someday I hope to find one of the tall armoire style home entertainment center versions of the same system as shown in my brochure. I keep thinking that maybe some of these condos I live around may have one left. I hope so. If I figure this forum out better I will post a photo from the brochure.

Last edited by jroberts500; 10-22-2005 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.