Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #21  
Old 05-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Jonathan Jonathan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 326
I think I am missing an ion trap. The CRT that my Air King A1000 has is a 10BP4 from RCA. I think the inside of the tube is a dark color; the same color as the outside graphite coating, and not the aliminized coating required to operate without an ion trap.

It's odd though, because Just like the Dewald BT100 I got from ebay(another 630TS clone set), it came with broken H output and damper tubes, as well as a flyback with the mounting clips broken off (but it tested good with a DMM for resistance on every winding, so it is good). It also came with a deflection yoke and focus coil, but no ion trap. I am not sure if the inside of ther CRT is aluminized, I doubt it though. Both these sets came in similar condition. Both have no ion trap (though the ion trap is not at all mentioned in the photofact of the Dewald BT100 or the Air King A1000), and both came with the HV sections taken apart in a similar manner, with the H output and damper tubes either missing or broken, both flyback mounting clips broken off, and both good flybacks. Both also use the pilot lamp fuse in the HV section as well.

Also, this set (the Air King A1000) has a electrodynamic speaker with field coil use as the speaker magnet. In the photofact, it has a seperate 1H 300mA choke mounted on the botton of the chassis. I honestly perfer this than the electrodnamic speaker, so I ordered a 1H 300mA choke from Hammond (Hammond part number 158T) and am awaiting an audio transformer so I can use a modern speaker. Wonder why this Air King set used an electrodynamic speaker?

Anyone familiar with these 630TS clone sets made by radio manufacturers? Air King and Dewald made only radios, and probably in the late 40s they used RCA's 630TS chassis and cabinet designs to get some of the TV market.

Thanks.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.