Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #23  
Old 12-31-2023, 05:42 PM
Penthode's Avatar
Penthode Penthode is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kitchener/Waterloo Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,463
Here is the results on my first test with the single MOSFET. Yesterday I bought an IRF830-1 500v 1A MOSFET locally. It has a forward transconductance of minimum 2.5 Siemans which is 2,500,000 umho. That is a whopping lot of gain available espectially when you are used to dealing with only a few thousand umhos with vacuum tubes!

With the single FET, there was too much gain. I added a 330k resistor on the input side to brring the gain closer to 11 times. I was able to achieve 350 v p-p on the output with the input only 20 v p-p. (My HP 204 Sine Generator maximum output).

I found non-linearity (no clipping) became noticable at 250 v p-p. You will see the output trace slight distortion in the photo.

I found I could slightly reduce the non linear distortion by increasing the drain current slightly, hence the reduction of the source resistor from 5.6 kohm to 4.7 kohm.

Note the phase shift. Testing the circuit at 600Hz the phase inversion is exactly 180 degrees. At 60Hz as depicted in the photo there is a shift. I tried bridging the coupling capacitors which did not make much difference. I believe the shift may be due to one of my scope probes. I am investigating this.

the circuit was tested as per the diagram including the 27k 12AU7 plate load and the 560k and 330k load resistors.

Next step is to put the CTC2 chassis on the bench and perform some measurements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CT100_Convergence_Test_cct.jpg (81.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg MOSFET Output vs Inputa.jpg (134.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Breadboard single MOSFETb.jpg (130.7 KB, 27 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RS IRF830.pdf (66.5 KB, 13 views)

Last edited by Penthode; 12-31-2023 at 07:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.