Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 02-27-2021, 08:27 PM
joe111671 joe111671 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 108
Wow this thing is a basket case. I was going to adjust the HV to 25KV as it says on the label at the HV adjustment. My probe goes up to 30KV, and the HV buried the meter (with the brightness all the way down). The label says to use a rounded tapered tool such as a wood pencil to adjust it. I sharpened a pencil, tried to turn the pot and it won't budge.

So I was looking closely at both sides of the pot to try and figure out how to get it to turn, and found a charred resistor R44 on pin 3 of the HV regulator. It's supposed to be 1000 ohms and it measured 19 ohms with the tube out. Plus a chunk of it fell off while I was probing it.

I guess I'll replace the resistor, then try to break the HV adjustment pot free if needed. Has anyone run into this situation? I'm guessing this is why the HV is way too high.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Burnt resistor.JPG (37.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg R44 burnt.JPG (57.1 KB, 30 views)
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.