Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-23-2020, 02:07 PM
init4fun's Avatar
init4fun init4fun is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,210
Tis a sad fate indeed suffered by all too many rectifiers .....


I trust my x wife 100 times more than I trust any electrolytic cap that's as old as I am
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pictures 752 - Copy.jpg (41.6 KB, 49 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-23-2020, 02:52 PM
Penthode's Avatar
Penthode Penthode is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Kitchener/Waterloo Ontario Canada
Posts: 1,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
Tis a sad fate indeed suffered by all too many rectifiers .....


I trust my x wife 100 times more than I trust any electrolytic cap that's as old as I am
The reason you trust your wife more is because you are kinder to her than your electrolytics! If you read earlier thru the thread, the patient and proper reforming of the dielectric is the key. How long running time will it take to convince you the capacitors are okay?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-23-2020, 03:00 PM
init4fun's Avatar
init4fun init4fun is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,210
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penthode View Post
The reason you trust your wife more is because you are kinder to her than your electrolytics! If you read earlier thru the thread, the patient and proper reforming of the dielectric is the key. How long running time will it take to convince you the capacitors are okay?

I was more or less joking with you , if you noticed I said "my x wife" , no kinder there my friend .

Kinda like your "dry" joke , I guess humor & electrolytics just don't mix


and yes , I am interested in how long the reformed caps live .
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.