Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 02-18-2020, 11:27 AM
JohnCT's Avatar
JohnCT JohnCT is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Posts: 749
Quote:
Originally Posted by compucat View Post
Too bad RCA was so sold on using printed circuit boards. The heat from the tubes just does them in.
I can't recall any issues with RCA printed circuits, at least those in the color chassis.

I recall bad connections on tube sockets that were tough to make right because of the oxidation, but I found that replacing the socket fixed it permanently. The copper itself was never a problem.

I do recall Philco circuits having the copper roll up like carpet as soon as a soldering iron touched it.

John
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.