Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4  
Old 05-14-2019, 06:04 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tress View Post
Also likely the reason that Zenith used the "sheet beam" demodulators when they developed their debut color chassis, the 29JC20. No stinkin' patent money going to RCA, although they did have to use an RCA picture tube and deflection components in that set. I'll bet that Sarnoff laughed, all the way to the bank!
I think Zenith used those demods till they replaced them with SS components.

Zenith may have had to buy those parts, but RCA had to pay Zenith for their little old inventions of Electromagnetic convergence and FM MPX stereo so I imagine it was a case of 'you begrudgingly scratch my back and I'll begrudgingly scratch yours'.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.