Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #26  
Old 02-27-2019, 12:29 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Escanaba was/is a Mill Town- Mead Paper Co., & as such, at least SOME of the residents were rather well paid. Back in my former life as a Purchasing Agent for a printing concern, I sweated bullets-especially during the winter months, waiting on trucks from Escanaba.. TV DXing was/is still possible, at least up until they turned off NTSC... I used to go up on top of this local tall hill, w/a JVC 4.5" color set, & could easily receive stations from all over the Southeast... I got all the local network feeds, a BUNCH of independents, & a few that I never really worried about trying to identify. One night me & a buddy were up there, & there were a bunch of strange lights on top of this mountain range that was over in the Smokies. The fact we were up on top of a mountain in winter, watching TV, you ask ? Hey, it was simply "Something To Do", just to get outta the house for at least a little while. We stopped at the Police Station & reported our strange encounter, & got THEM a bit concerned. Next day, one of the cops got back to me, & said it was the "DEW" line we saw-the Air Force must have been doing a bit of night training. Yeah, we got Bongo-52s over head on a regular basis back in the 60s, when I was a tadpole. Oncet one was so low, & was banked enuf to where I could see the co-pilot... I dutifully waved, & I THINK he waved back...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.