Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 01-21-2019, 11:33 AM
Falter Falter is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Thanks guys.

The reason I ask on the date is I have this vintage machine called a TV Typewriter, and it dates to 1973/1974. I also have some computer gear from a company called SWTPC, and they actually used this exact model of TV in their advertising, like here: http://www.swtpc.com/mholley/Catalog1976CP/Page26.jpg

So I know it's period appropriate for the latter equipment, which came out in 1975, for sure. I just don't know if it reaches back far enough for the former in 73/74. I've been looking all over the thing for anything with a date code but no luck. I love the look of it though. It certainly looks the part of early 70s. I don't want to sound hopelessly picky - just, this is for an historical display and it's important to me to have a TV that would have been around when this TVT was out.

Yeah come to think of it, that smoking smell makes sense. I'm a IT person by trade and have sometimes helped individuals out with their home computers. Some of these people were smokers, and the interior of the PC had a thin layer of what I assume is tar or something similar in there. It was awful. Stunk to high heaven when you fired them up. The TV doesn't have quite such a smoky smell but yeah.. it's got the same sort of foulness. Like burnt toejam.

I'm a little bit afraid to taking this thing apart -- brittle plastic and such. Also have gotten 'bitten' a couple times by CRTs. Not the most painful thing ever - felt more like deep muscle pain after you've been vaccinated. But not pleasant, and I don't want to push my luck!

Last edited by Falter; 01-21-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.