Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #12  
Old 07-26-2018, 06:40 PM
Jon A.'s Avatar
Jon A. Jon A. is offline
Don't mess with Esther.
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealtest View Post
So I just tested the tv and the amp draw is 1.5 amps roughly. When I saw that I smacked the emergency kill button on the variac to avoid damaging anything. I have had units cook in the past to hopefully this set is okay.


Even if a fuse is blown on a meter sometimes you have to get another one. I blew a fuse in my craftsman meter and that caused it to become wildly inaccurate with resistance tests and now on some setting instead of reading "0.00" it always gets a reading. Maybe that's just the nature of this particular meter when it gets damaged, but I have been warned about fuses protecting a unit too late.

I will certainly keep an eye out for one of those. I am trying to get a bunch of tv repair equipment Saturday from someone with bulk. Maybe a hidden gem will be in there. Dang I hope so.
Did you remember to unplug the degaussing coil before powering up? That draws a lot of current on a cold start.

I think it's likely you'll get some good stuff out of that bulk deal, assuming you're in the US. I got my modest selection from US sellers, it's a lot harder to find that stuff North of the border, especially in my region.

I wouldn't expect much from a Craftsman meter, especially a newer one. I use a Fluke 77.

Last edited by Jon A.; 07-26-2018 at 06:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.