Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-04-2017, 11:24 AM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Very nice!
Out of curiosity, where is K8 located in the set? I don't remember seeing it when I did mine a few weeks ago.

jr
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-04-2017, 12:53 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Very nice!
Out of curiosity, where is K8 located in the set? I don't remember seeing it when I did mine a few weeks ago.

jr
Thanks. K8 is located on the top of the main chassis. It goes between the main and CRT chassis. Looks a lot like a ceramic disc capacitor.


Last edited by Crist Rigott; 07-04-2017 at 12:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-04-2017, 01:07 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Slaps forehead!
I remember unsoldering a "ceramic cap" when I pulled the chassis... since I generally leave ceramic caps alone, I paid no attention to it.

jr
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-04-2017, 01:37 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr_tech View Post
Slaps forehead!
I remember unsoldering a "ceramic cap" when I pulled the chassis... since I generally leave ceramic caps alone, I paid no attention to it.

jr
I thought that might have been the case.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
Ready to solder in!



The paint I used.

Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 07-04-2017, 02:58 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
All installed.

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-04-2017, 03:01 PM
Crist Rigott Crist Rigott is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Posts: 1,519
One last question. The audio transformer mounted on the main board. Do I need to be worried about Silver Mica Disease? Do the caps need replaced?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.