Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #24  
Old 06-29-2017, 11:39 PM
Jon A.'s Avatar
Jon A. Jon A. is offline
Don't mess with Esther.
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,267
Now we're talkin'! Would a toonie do? Scratch that, found a quarter.

Considering the condition of these knobs it's a wonder the cabinet didn't turn to mush while in storage. It's in fantastic shape and the part I cleaned looks really good. There's a small faded spot, two small chips out of the laminate in a top corner and a tiny bit of peeling at the base in the back. A furniture touch-up marker and a bit of glue will bring it up to snuff.

So 19Q8 is an exact match for a GE chassis number? A Google search turned up nothing.

I don't know what to think of the orange drop in there, it's just a 2-lead job so the safety interlock was probably jumped, but I don't know where to look for it in this case.

The CRT came back fairly well on normal filament voltage alone. I auto-cycled each gun and now it's testing quite strong. Fortunately the deteriorated HV anode cap was screw-set. I got rid of that, cleaned up the crap I could reach and washed the tar off my hands. I'll check behind the yoke soon enough.

Sounds good to me. Knob detail photos here:

Not anymore, Flickr account closed and replaced.

The fine tuning knobs are identical.

Last edited by Jon A.; 09-02-2017 at 12:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.