Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:00 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,478
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post
If I was not out of VK memory, Id post the schematic for clarity.
Perhaps it is time to get a free image hosting account on a site like Flickr or Photobucket.

How are the traces? I've seen open and or crappy traces on that era of board...If they look bad or voltages are not getting places I tend to reflow/add new solder to the traces.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-01-2016, 12:56 PM
kvflyer kvflyer is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Fernandina Beach, FL
Posts: 1,130
FYI, I have a Photobucket account. It is now rubbish, full of delays, popups, begging for money etc. Many times I just cannot even use it.

Just sayn' (but I guess I get what I am payn' for...)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:26 PM
DavGoodlin's Avatar
DavGoodlin DavGoodlin is offline
Motorola Minion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: near Strasburg PA
Posts: 3,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvflyer View Post
FYI, I have a Photobucket account. It is now rubbish, full of delays, popups, begging for money etc. Many times I just cannot even use it.

Just sayn' (but I guess I get what I am payn' for...)
My flickr account is bit flaky - I log on several different PC's. At work it acts one way, at home another, the laptop still another, and on the phone its very hard to deal with.

Flickr its great for posting numerous pictures of a restore and makes sense when you have lots of photos, instead of one-off posts like this, where it is kludgy to use.
__________________
"When resistors increase in value, they're worthless"
-Dave G
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,478
Flickr acts the same on all my devices....VK's upload/image size limits prevent me from uploading %99.8 percent of the pictures I have, and a hosting site has proved easier for me to implement/use than resizing my images and hosting them on VK.



Quote:
Originally Posted by kvflyer View Post
FYI, I have a Photobucket account. It is now rubbish, full of delays, popups, begging for money etc. Many times I just cannot even use it.

Just sayn' (but I guess I get what I am payn' for...)
It is a bit less clunky if you run adblock plus in your browser (I still get popups occasionally). My photobucket account is effectively dead to me....Once I (rapidly) ran out of storage capacity and they started prompting me to buy more, I switched to flickr and have not looked back....Well I do occasionally go there to post an old photo still on the bucket.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Findm-Keepm's Avatar
Findm-Keepm Findm-Keepm is offline
Followin' the Rules...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,857
Call me late to the party, but Dad's (incomplete) Sams for the CTC11 is marked up pretty good. There's this (not in Dad's handwriting) - HOT cherries, check Osc tube filament for 6V. Was half. No corrective action listed.

And plenty about contrast, swapping guns to check CRT, and other non-germane stuff.

PF Reporter also had an instance...

http://www.americanradiohistory.com/...rch=%226dq5%22

Me, no experience earlier than a CTC12, so no real help beyond that note..
__________________
Brian
USN RET 22YRS (Avionics/Cal)
CET-Consumer Repair and Avionics ('88)
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 12-01-2016, 08:39 PM
old_coot88 old_coot88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,653
Gotta wonder at this point if either of the windings might have shorted turn(s), dragging down the Q enough to keep the oscillator from starting.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.