Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #20  
Old 11-19-2015, 04:22 PM
walterbeers walterbeers is offline
Old TVs are better!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Omaha NE
Posts: 463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
So it looks like Tom (Electronic M) has brought life back to my CTC16 that I regretted buying. I was so mad about it I didn't even want to touch it. Long story there.

The one thing I noticed, and Tom did as well, is the flyback get's very hot after awhile and starts to drip wax. This is about after an hour on for him, and an hour on for me when I noticed it was hot. It's set correctly and Tom will chime in on that, or you can check the last parts of the CTC16 thread and see.

Do RCA Fly's just run really hot? And if so, would it hurt anything if I cut open the flyback box and installed a small computer fan to it externally, to suck cool air though the box so the Fly isn't sitting in there melting it self to death?

I was also thinking of putting a small computer fan on the top of the HV cage in my 1954 CTC2B, 21CT55 21 inch color. I don't see where it would cause any harm. Yes, I have always thought that around 210 ma was about the max that the cathode current should be at. The HV cage on that old set is completely enclosed except for a hole in the top with a "chimney cap", in which I could install a fan. Possibly the reason that HV cages as so tightly enclosed it to reduce x-radiation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1254.jpg (76.0 KB, 31 views)
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.