Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 11-08-2015, 02:18 PM
Colly0410 Colly0410 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Hucknall, Nottingham, England.
Posts: 257
When I was a kid we had pre-payment coin meters for gas & electric, you had to put a shilling coin in to get so much electricity or gas, later (early 70's) it was changed to 50 pence coins. When I rented a house in the early 90's (the one with the mixed up heating system I posted about earlier in the thread) it had a pre-paid card meter for the electric, you'd buy a £1 or £5 card at the post office. Did or do they have pre-payment meters in America? They still have them here in England as some neighbours are on them. I now pay by monthly bank direct transfer, you get a slight discount for paying that way..
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.