Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-14-2015, 07:38 PM
WISCOJIM WISCOJIM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Grand Chute, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,506
How much work did Tom put into this before you got it? Did he do a recap and any troubleshooting?

.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-14-2015, 08:53 PM
Arcanine's Avatar
Arcanine Arcanine is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Posts: 281
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
How much work did Tom put into this before you got it? Did he do a recap and any troubleshooting?

.
Good question. I am not completely sure. I'm probably going to attend that antique radio swap meet that happens this coming sunday by the air port in Milwaukee. It would be the first time I have ever attended.

It looks like Tom did indeed replace several caps, as there are several new style yellow ones installed under it.

I'm really kind of hoping someone there will be selling capacitors so I can just buy a whole bunch all at once, instead of ordering online or going to Chester's and getting a few here, and there.

Once I have a neat little stack of caps in my lap, I'm going to just recap the set entirely then attempt to align it.

The bottom has a large metal plate, that accesses the entire bottom of the chassis. I think I can just leave the Chassis inside the set, put the set on to it's side and just recap it that way, instead of having to unplug everything.

At least that's my hope. Save me having to heave a heavy chassis around. Just do most of the work in-set and go from there with the adjustments, see if I can get this set to perform even better.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-14-2015, 09:10 PM
WISCOJIM WISCOJIM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Grand Chute, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
Good question. I am not completely sure. I'm probably going to attend that antique radio swap meet that happens this coming sunday by the air port in Milwaukee. It would be the first time I have ever attended.
See you there! If you don't find me, ask anyone to point me (Jim Menning) out. I don't think I'll be bringing anything down to sell at this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
It looks like Tom did indeed replace several caps, as there are several new style yellow ones installed under it.
I'm hoping Tom will be there, he usually helps us out with the radio auction, and he's always interesting to talk with. Unfortunately he let me know recently he may be out of town that weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcanine View Post
I'm really kind of hoping someone there will be selling capacitors so I can just buy a whole bunch all at once, instead of ordering online or going to Chester's and getting a few here, and there.
Paul Dorobialski is usually there selling caps. Look for a large white van and lots of parts trays on his tables. If you head to the ARCI meet October 4th (not very far from you), look for Bob Piekarz. He sells caps by volume at very good prices. ARCI info: http://www.antique-radios.org/schedule.html Bob's website: http://www.radioantiques.com/



Anyone else interested in going to the Milwaukee, Wisconsin meet Sunday September 20th, see details at warci.org


.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.