Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 08-30-2015, 12:26 AM
drh4683's Avatar
drh4683 drh4683 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,094
Max, thanks for posting all of these! They are great! Its interesting how in just a few of these surviving newsletters, I know some of the people named, some are even family.

First off, I see Wayne got his name mentioned in the April, 1982 issue for receiving or having filed for a patent in 1981. My cousin, David Utt, was also shown in the March, 1982 issue on page 1. Dave joined Zenith engineering back in 1981. I need to send him this one, he'll really enjoy seeing it if he doesn't already have a copy himself.

Another guy I know is Gus Theodos who was shown on page 1 of the March, 1980 issue. Gus worked as a line troubleshooter in plant 2 on Austin Ave. starting back in the 60's as I remember him telling me. He had a lot of great stories working at Zenith. Once he left Zenith in the 80's, he joined in ownership as a service technician at "Better Audio & TV" in Elmhurst, IL which was one of the local TV shops I used to go to when I was a kid. Gus was one the few TV guys who always helped me whenever I was looking for tubes and was always a kind man. I'd call him on the phone and I'd rattle off some of the tube numbers I'd be looking for and he'd guess what chassis the set had that I was working on. He'd typically give me the tubes for a deal since I was only about 12 years old or so at the time, or he'd just give them to me for free if they were good used pulls. I haven't heard from him in probably 10 or so years now after he shut down the business.
__________________
I tolerate the present by living in the past...
To see drh4683's photo page, click here
To see drh4683's youtube page, click here
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.