Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-10-2015, 12:23 AM
old_coot88 old_coot88 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,653
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
But let's not forget: his line voltages are in the 125 range, and when you combine that with the 20 or more extra volts the silicon is likely to add it can get too high fast. I personally don't like risking unobtainium like CTC-2B flybacks, so I do what I can to keep things in check.
Indeed! And remember, wattage (and heat) don't increase linearly with voltage, but by the square of volts times amps.
That's why the earlier suggestion of using the 6.3 VAC heater supply as 'standard marker' when line voltage supply is over spec.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-10-2015, 03:31 PM
ohohyodafarted's Avatar
ohohyodafarted ohohyodafarted is offline
Bob Galanter
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Whitefish Bay, Wi (Milwaukee)
Posts: 1,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
Indeed! And remember, wattage (and heat) don't increase linearly with voltage, but by the square of volts times amps.
I think you mean
P= I * E
or P= (I squared) * R
or P = (E squared) / R
__________________
Vacuum tubes are used in Wisconsin to help heat your house.

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-14-2015, 09:51 AM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
Pie R round Cornbread R square.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.