![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
refurbished aluminized radar tubes. I have not taken it out of its carton. I have a 12LP4 to use for testing. I too am pleased with the cabinet. Except for the side pieces of veneer on the front it was not in too bad shape overall, just scratched, needing sanding. Also, there was a large chunk out of the wood cover that fits over the CRT which needed filling in and covering over with new (and very sharply bent) veneer. They guy was able to match the original veneer closely enough that he didn't need to redo the other side. Only the bottom front and back pieces (plain wood no veneer) were badly water damaged and were replaced. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Little progress today. Two resistors replaced, two rotted wires,
and mostly repainting a whole lot of resistors. I painted the bodies tonight; tomorrow morning I will paint the end and ring (these are not B-E-D color code but B-E-ring). I'm using ordinary modern resistors, not worrying about size as the set had a wide variety of sizes. Doug McDonald |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|