Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 06-22-2015, 09:18 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
When there are few or no sales for comparison, it's hard to pin a price on something. You can do as realtors do, and look for "comps," i.e., values for similar items, but that's really guesswork.
Very hard to set a fair price... I got mine from an ex Westinghouse engineer when I was helping him move (about 25 years ago)... It was *FREE* and included free delivery! Since, I have been told that the value *could* be in the range of a pre-war set!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
do some investigation into what other tubes, if any, might be used as a sub. I'm not one of those people who enjoys owning non-working doorstops. If there's no way on Earth to make a set work, I don't want it at any price.
After Westinghouse gave up on building the CRT they sold off some remaining stock cheap to Westinghouse employees and redesigned the set to take a 21 inch round tube (21CYP22) for the 1958 model year. Perhaps a similar mod could be accomplished, but what would be the point? The very interesting 22EP22 would be gone.
I would rather have the set non-working with the (RARE) original CRT than with a substitute (but working) CRT.

jr
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.