Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #19  
Old 06-16-2015, 07:53 PM
Dreamsbeard's Avatar
Dreamsbeard Dreamsbeard is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Quebec city
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Sears had some floor model sets with wide control panels like that
Hitachi......... I don't remember any other set that had a look like that
except Motorola....

This was the '80 Sears Catalog....

.
I believe that Sanyo was the main supplier for Sears television in the late 70's early 80's. Always loved the sears branded television, and one like in this add would really make me an happy camper.

I have been messing around for a while with the convergence/greyscale of this tv, and I gotta say this one does not let itself converge easily. On both my zenith it was rather easy, on this one it's almost impossible to get an acceptable one (acceptable for me that is!)

Another thing I find mildly annoying is the focus "selector". You can see it in the top right corner of the right board. This one doesn't use a potentiometer but an 8 position focus pin. I can't really see how this setup can give you the best focus possible out of this tv because the sweet spot is probably midway between 2 adjusments...maybe I could stick a potentiometer in series with the focus pin to be able to fine tune it?

Last edited by Dreamsbeard; 06-16-2015 at 08:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.