Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #8  
Old 05-22-2014, 03:22 PM
maxhifi's Avatar
maxhifi maxhifi is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,871
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
bw set yokes are alway pushed as far forward as possible, should fit up snug to the jug.

is C61 a disc cap?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
If it was my set I would replace both those tubular caps. They are too high a voltage rating to test with my cap tester (450v max) for leakage, and I am pretty sure they are just paper caps in a ceramic tube. Not saying this will fix the problem, but if I can't test it I replace it, esp since one of them seems tied into the yoke and vert height control. the other is a boost cap, and again not one that you would want to leak and drag down voltages from the flyback.
There's more similar caps on the top side of the circuit board, and very very few electrolytic capacitors in this TV. OK you have me convinced, I better change them before proceeding with more troubleshooting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg admiral pcb layout.jpg (148.8 KB, 11 views)
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.