Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9  
Old 04-06-2014, 08:06 AM
Down Under's Avatar
Down Under Down Under is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 145
Hi guys,

I have a Holiday that I'll start working on soon, the metal work is at the electroplaters and the original CRT (21EAP4) luckily has good emission. Although I used a far more clunky method to repair my 17 inch Predictas, I have ordered a set of grasp type test clips like those used on the CR-70 CRT tester. The ones you use when you don't have a socket to fit the CRT.

I'm planning on connecting wires with alligator clips to them. The idea is so that I can easily power and test a recapped Predicta board before desoldering it back onto the chassis. The grasp clip end attaches to the terminal posts on the board, and the alligator clip end connects to the (now floating) wires on the chassis.

For the less experienced like me, it seems like a good way to go, especially to save the trouble of removing the board a second time to tweak something after it's been soldered in.

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers,

Adam
__________________
Four Predictas down, now to score a Continental.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.