Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 02-09-2014, 11:58 PM
Tom Albrecht's Avatar
Tom Albrecht Tom Albrecht is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 683
Here's what I mean when I refer to "bunching" of the vertical deflection. I put the .005 uF caps back in the set to demonstrate.

1. A moderate case of bunching. Note also the trapezoidal (or "keystone") image. This is all the vertical size I can get with the .005 uF caps.



2. A more severe case:



3. If you push the contrast up too far, it will go completely nuts:



Now, with the .01 uF caps in there, there is plenty of vertical deflection (the vertical size control has been backed off a great deal, and it still produces a full raster). The trapezoidal picture is gone. Most importantly, the "bunching" is gone, even in a picture like this, where the bright spot would normally have bunching:



I'll be trying this on my other identical set (a Sentinel) very soon. It has the same problem. I've seen this effect to various levels on other electrostatic sets as well, so it will be interesting to see if it fixes the problem in all cases.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moderate bunching.jpg (27.6 KB, 233 views)
File Type: jpg Severe bunching.jpg (18.8 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg Extreme bunching.jpg (28.5 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg Image without bunching.jpg (28.5 KB, 230 views)
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.