Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_coot88 View Post
How many here remember exactly where they were and what they were doing 50 years ago this morning?
I was in 4th grade, but home sick that day. I was watching cartoons on our B&W set (a console Magnavox my father had gotten without a cabinet, we used a separate audio amp for the sound), on one of the independent TV stations of New York City at the time, and then the breaking news preempted the cartoons. Then it was wall to wall coverage for the next 4 or so days. Memory is hazy if I saw the assassination live, but I couldn't have. Maybe it was Jack Ruby taking Oswald out a few days later.
__________________
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.