Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #30  
Old 08-10-2013, 01:08 PM
TinCanAlley's Avatar
TinCanAlley TinCanAlley is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: So Cal, CA
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
the two rates are the vert and horz (30 and 7865) these are for setting up the scope sweep speed.

I am looking at a factory manual, the scope readings do not match up, with the sams so can't really help. So you are back to checking for a pulse (should be two a vert rate pulse and a horz rate pulse both are for blanking.

you can trace the pulse from the flyback (should be pretty big at the horz rate, like 200v pp) thru a cap (.0047) thru the resistor (33k) thru the diode all the way to the transistor, and then see it at the emitter.

The best way to know for sure is to have a working set to compare to, but I realize that is not something that you have.

I would check the diode (easy since its already been clipped), and the transistor (again easy since it's socketed). if they check use the scope and see if you get both horz and vert blanking.
Okay, here's a pretty simple question about testing transistors. If I have an NPN and clip the positive lead to the base, should I set my meter to diode or 20M? When set to diode and test a transistor I have just sitting around, I get about the same numbers (580 - 620) on the base and collector. If I set it for 20M, I get 2.45 and 10.38.
__________________
Pioneer SX-1080, Pioneer PL-115D, Pioneer CT-F9191, Pioneer RG-1, Wollensak 8050A, Akai 4000DS MkII, Pioneer CS-05 & Polk 1.2TL

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.