Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 08-23-2012, 01:57 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
We have those straps at work too, very handy but "Unauthentic" in a vintage TV.
True, but the original can cap is gone. Hmm, that reminds me I have a scrap Motorola TS-23 chassis with a very similar cap. Maybe I'll restuff that one for this set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Those modern Micas and Metal Film? caps are probably good for a hundred years or so. Of course, that's what they thought about Sprague Bumblebees too.
Sure, but I'm hoping I won't have to replace all of them. I have five Predictas to restore each with a few networks on the PCB. So I was thinking if I put some socket pins in on of the sets, I could test all the networks before bothering to replace them. Also gives me a way to test the reproduction networks easily.
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery

Last edited by bandersen; 08-23-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.