Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 06-25-2012, 09:49 PM
AiboPet's Avatar
AiboPet AiboPet is offline
"micro" and quirky
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: I'm in San Diego, but lived in Hong Kong for a long time
Posts: 707
I can't really make fun of "clueless"

Most of my "trashpicked" or "swap meet" sets, I had NO clue what they were. I STILL haven't found a single reference to the old Quasar 9" "hard luck" TV I put back together a couple months ago.

It wasn't until I came on HERE that I started being interested in more than "looks cool" little old B/W sets.

The Sony S8-301 was the very first set I was actually "educated" when I first saw it. If I hadn't seen Nelson's thread on his work on one.....I would have thought "cool..old Sony"...and not "OMG! THAT is the little Sony Nelson recapped!". I picked it up (after walking by it like four times)...KNOWING I had somewhere to go if I got stuck :-)

NO longer "clueless". I can't even watch the movie "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" without going "I wonder WHAT set that is the computer is watching?" (BTW...I STILL wanna know what set that was :-P )
__________________
My current "holy grail" is trying to get enough parts together to get a Singer TV6U going. Been kicking my ass for nearly a year now :-P
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.