Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6  
Old 05-18-2012, 06:01 PM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Depends on where you live.....Some places 50's and even 40's sets go begging and others if you can even find a pre-solid-state set you've lucked out.

If you want to learn cabinet restoration that is a nice set to do it on....Not terribly collectable and cheap(so you won't feel bad if you botch it), and it is packed with decent usable features that most TV's of that cabinet size didn't have so you can get more use out of it than most others of that cabinet size if you restore it.
I'm in an area where I'm doing good to find a pre-solid state set. The '50's sets that I find are usually in this condition, or worse. I could have bought a similar looking Motorola at a local antiques store for $20; but, the finish was bad, the back was missing, and the CRT neck was busted. I did buy a '53 Silvertone console for $40 that had a decent cabinet and good CRT off CL. I thought $40 was a little much; but, I had visions of it either getting dumped or turned into something besides a TV.
Reply With Quote
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.