![]() |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Looking at Phil's photos you can see that they also included the vent holes at the top of the cabinet when they washed it black.
The CT-100 doesn't have the brightest screen in the world. It would likely be watched in a dim room. The metal back has a high optical transparency, better than 50%. It has a gazillion tubes in it. I think they painted all these surfaces black to reduce the amount of light that would shine on the wall behind the set from all the tube filaments. I don't think they would have carefully included the top vent grooves/holes for any other reason. Painting the interior black would make sense for heat reasons if it were a metal cabinet, but wood is a pretty good insulator. So the heat would have to be reflected out the back, in addition to convection cooling. A low emissivity surface would work just as well as a high one at reflecting the heat out the back so I don't think it was painted black for heat dissipation. Actually I mean that a low emissivity surface would reflect the heat out and a high emissivity surface would re-emit it out. John |
| Audiokarma |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|