Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #5  
Old 07-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Roper View Post
Apparently this gadget was designed to be used with or without a color wheel (you just wouldn't get color without the wheel).
Arrgh, sorry David, I think I edited your post instead of Quoting it, I don't seem to be able to reverse it, hopefully I didn't lose anything.

Anyhow what I meant to say was:
From what I get after reading the description existing B&W sets would not have been able to receive the incompatible CBS color broadcasts so some manufacturers made sets with the option for a plug in adapter so they wouldn't be obsolete.
They would still have been B&W but able to pick up the color shows in B&W, which the RCA compatible system allowed without any adapters or modifications needed.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.