Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #15  
Old 02-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Ampico-kid's Avatar
Ampico-kid Ampico-kid is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohyodafarted View Post
Bob,

Glad you were able to get it for a trade. I was also wanting it and when the seller upped the price from the original, I think $350 to double that, I decided I didn't want it that badly. But man, IS THAT THING CHERRY OR WHAT? Getting it for a trade was very fortunate.

I have a CTC7 Pensburry in the Maple finish, however the finish on mine is pretty bad and needs refinishing. Your's looks showroom new. Is that the way you acquired it?
Hi Bob;

Yes, my Pensbury was in that condition when I acquired it about a year and a half ago. There is a very light ring on the top, but nothing that a strategically placed lamp or set of rabbit ears wouldn't take care of. And yes, I was very fortunate that the "seller" of the Grenoble has the collecting "bug" as bad as I do, and was willing and anxious to make the trade for a very desireable piece of vintage audio equipment.

Congrats on your CTC5 Wingate Bob, that's one beautiful looking set. I can see that a lot of time and effort went into that restoration. I love those old technicolor flicks, the colors just seem to jump off the screen at you. Great job...
Bob
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.