Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-13-2011, 12:20 PM
ctc17 ctc17 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,615
That is defiantly purity, its an adjustment not something you need the schematic for. It comes from moving the set around.
First check the degaussing circuit and make sure you have no magnetic sources nearby like big speakers.
I can make a video on how to check and adjust the purity later, i have a zenith here that needs it bad.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-13-2011, 12:38 PM
colortubeman's Avatar
colortubeman colortubeman is offline
colortubemania Roma italy
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 32
high purity and controlled using only the white raster with red cannon.
I have also demagnetized with an external demagnetizer.
The problem is that I have reconstructed on the circuit and without the layout of the model can not run well.
Surely theres a problem on the piloting of the burst may signal the horizontal oscillator is not ok.
I've tried in many ways even with capacitors applied but you get only a mismatch of color, but the problem remains.
I'm sure that if I do well in the scheme just to make it work maybe some else is missing capacitor but I can not figure out where.
I copied the scheme to rebuild it is another model of ZENITH and certainly is different even if the valves fitted.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-13-2011, 12:57 PM
marty59's Avatar
marty59 marty59 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Arlington, Tx
Posts: 915
Just an observation for us here trying to be helpful..Look close at the screen shots and see the wavy pattern that all the colors are following? If it was just a purity issue the screen "impurities" would be more "blotchy" with no real pattern. See what I mean or am I off here?

I believe the initial approach would be to observe the screen with no signal input what-so-ever and see what we have. What does a blank raster look like? And the color turned down all the way/off.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.