![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Meanwhile, back at the ranch ... "
I was able to recover the current owner's photos of his Philco Model TV-123 color set.
I understand there were about five hundred of these sets produced. Does anyone know how many are on the survivor's list? Caveat: I am not now, nor have I ever been associated with the sale of this television set. T.C. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Last edited by ggregg; 12-13-2010 at 10:24 PM. |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
There are two TV-123's (that's the chassis designation, the Philco model number is 22D5102) in museums and four more in the hands of collectors. This latest set makes five for a grand total of seven. At one time they were extremely rare but the queue his filled up a bit. I have one that is believed to be the 'newest' one around; it was manufactured early in 1956. Am in the process of doing my thing with mine: restore one circuit function at a time and test it.
There's been talk of a glass CRT. The AXP in mine was factory installed, and it looks very similar to the photo TubeType recovered. I can't tell for sure though if it's glass or metal. The guy I bought it from, the original owner, a Philco dealer in southern NJ, it was about six years ago now, had made his own rectifier extension; he said the rectifiers when run in their sockets on the power transformer would melt their solder. Not likely of course, but they must have gotten real warm in those non-airconditioned rooms back in the late fifties NJ summers. Pete |
![]() |
| Thread Tools | |
| Display Modes | |
|
|